Friday, July 24, 2015

Windows 8 Hell or why my Internet Explorer does not function properly

Have you ever opened your Internet Explorer (on Windows 8 computer) and find that it has an address bar at the bottom and is always maximized? Well, I did. I have been using my laptop for a while but only a few days ago I came to worked, opened IE and saw this new and unwelcome change. I tweaked it around for a while until magically things were back to normal. And here is what I found - apparently Windows 8 had two versions of Internet Explorer, the hellish one (tile version) and... well, the normal one. To open the normal one, open it by clicking on the Desktop tile and then click IE icon in the taskbar. If it is not there, go to all programs, right-click on Internet Explorer and select "Pin to Taskbar". Hope this will help someone

No comments:

Post a Comment